Our city park is in much need of repairs and improvements. With leadership, a clear vision of its future, volunteers and funding, we can truly have a park that is both functional and beautiful. Although it has been put together piece by piece, the layout is decent and can be improved upon with careful planning. Keeping up and updating our park is crucial for our city’s image, our kids and potential future residents of our town.
Michael Scott Lafleur 337-658-0006
Updated City Park Proposal - (done in phases) Would be paid for and built with grants, city allocations, fund raisers, donations, Go Fund Me account and volunteers.
1. Walking path and field sidewalks
2. Add two new graveled parking lots with lighting-(to be paved at a later time)
3. Add/remodel new bathrooms by concession stand
4. Update existing bathrooms
5. Remove all unnecessary fencing including fence added on the East side of park
6. Replace needed damaged fencing with removed East side fence
7. Move unused pavilion on the left of community center to right side of parking lot "A"
8. Add new pavilion by field 2
9. Finish and paint parking lot railing on existing parking lot (it is not complete)
10. Mask all electrical panels
11. Plant masking shrubs on each side and the rear of community center
12. Add a few park benches and picnic tables – (donated)
13. Improved drainage – (see map)
14. Park buildings, pavilions, dugouts etc. should have matching/coordinating colors
15. Water fountains added if necessary
- Suggestions welcome -